Dear Parents and Carers,
I have been asked by several parents what MSPS has in place in relation to COVID.
- MSPS has a current COVID safe plan which has been audited and identified as compliant.
- We are acting under the current Operations Guide provided by DET in line with the Department of Health.
- Staff are compliant with vaccination requirements.
- The students are sanitised on entry to school and after each recess, lunch and toilet breaks.
- Cleaners are on site every day to clean all classrooms, toilet blocks, staffrooms etc.
- In addition to this cleaners are on site throughout the day sanitising high touch areas including door handles etc.
- No parents or visitors on site.
- If any child shows symptoms, runny nose, cough etc. they will be sent to sick bay to go home
- Temperature will be checked if deemed necessary.
- As mandated by DET all students in grades 3-6 wear masks indoors unless an exemption has been provided.
- DET has highly recommended that students in grades Prep -2 wear masks indoors.
- Staff also wear masks indoors and up to the new regulations have been wearing them when outdoors.
- No specialist rooms to be used – Art, STEAM and French have been and will continue in students own classrooms to help minimise cross contamination.
- All PE classes have been held outside. In the case of inclement weather PE\Health classes will be held in the classrooms.
- All students have individual classroom supplies.
- Staggered recess and lunch breaks: Prep – 2 and 3 -6.
- We will not be splitting grades if we can employ a Casual Relief Teacher. However there is currently a shortage of CRTs.
- At the canteen we will paint dots on the ground so students can social distance while they are in waiting to order snacks etc.
- There will be no excursions/incursions/camps for the remainder of the school year.
- School photos will go ahead on November the 18th and 19th. If weather is fine we will have the photos taken outdoors.
- At this stage Graduation will go ahead at Tabcorp with students and staff attending. The formal part of the ceremony will be shown via Zoom to parents.
Take care and stay safe.
Marilyn Costigan, Principal