Melton South Primary School is situated approximately 35km west of Melbourne, with a proud tradition of serving the local community of Melton South since 1923. The current student population is 510 students.
The school is situated in a well-established residential neighbourhood in close proximity to three pre-schools, as well as to Staughton College. School No. 3717, officially named the Melton Railway Station was established at Exford Public Hall, Melton South on December 1st, 1911. An adjunct to Melton State School No. 430, it catered for pupils from Grades 1 to 4 and was supervised by Thomas Lang, the Melton Headmaster. This amalgamation continued until April 1923 when 41 children comprising grades 1 to 8 moved into an almost completed brick building on the present day site called Melton South State School No. 3717. The first Principal, Fred Davis, was fiercely determined to ensure that all students attained high academic standards. The original rural school is now the administration area of the present school. It is with pride that the traditions and achievements of the past are maintained and progressively inbuilt to create the best possible learning environment to meet the changes of the future.